AE86 Group A Exhaust Header Manifold
NZD$795.00 ex TAX
Martelius Header for AE86 Made in Finland – Super High Quality with Calculated Design Approach + Dyno Tested
- Suits 16v and 20v 4AGE’s in LHD and RHD layouts
- Fits with 16V distributor and with power steering
- 4-2-1 design developed for competitive rally events enables broadest power band
- Long secondaries promote a strong mid-range without choking the top-end
- Optimized for engines outputting up to 190 bhp
- OEM 2 bolt Oxygen Sensor Port
- Bolts up to catalytic converter in factory position, if desired.
- Thinwall steel construction for weight savings
- Comes black ceramic coated for heat management and performance
- Pipe Size 38mm -> 44.5mm -> 51mm
This header has been designed to get as much power under the curve as possible while still letting the engine breathe up high. This is important for hill climbs, rally, drifting, and even street driving as the car can go from falling flat on it’s face at 3000rpm, to pulling well with a properly spec’d header. For instance, some may have noticed that after installing any one of the commonly available 4-1 headers, the car was much weaker than stock below 5000rpm, and maybe pulled a bit better up high. Or a 4-2-1 header was purchased, but the tubes were far too large, secondaries too short, and the car still was dead below 5000? Exhaust primaries and secondaries are critical. Just trust us when we say that this is a pretty good starting point for people wanting the most overall power out of their 4AGEs.
Note: For ease of shipping and installation, this header comes in 3 pieces and is just slipped together, then bolted in place. The factory O2 sensor port can easily be opened up with a power drill before use. Lengthening of the O2 wires is also required.
The oil filter will need to be right up against the block or on a sandwich plate at most. The larger oil filter mount found on later 4AGE 20v will need to be removed with an Oil filter union which we can provide if asked for.